Saturday, March 21, 2009

St. Patricks Treats!

March 15, 2009
I thought it would be fun to make sugar cookies and let Talan decorate them for all his friends. So we did, and it was great. Talan had a great time mixing all the sprinkles together and then dumping them on the cookies!! We made St. Patricks day and Easter cookies (since we won't be here for Easter) we made shamrocks, bunnies and ducks! Well...(as you can tell I cannot get the pictures in the right order) We divided all the cookies up in plates for his friends and Kenna got hungry so we put her in her chair to eat-I thought we set the plates far enough away-Scotty and I left the kitchen to look at something and this is what we came back to!! She crawled out of her seat and was into almost ALL the cookies-she had them on her hands on her face-EVERYWHERE-some she just liked the frosting and others she actually took bites out of the cookies! We were laughing hysterically but as you can see she wasn't too happy when we stopped the fun! Needless to say-most of the kids Talan wanted to give cookies to did not receive any!!! Sorry!T
These are the few cookies we saved for our family-Talan already nibbled a bite!

He did a really good job and had fun!!

Talan loves to help me cook, he pulls up the stool and has to dump and stir everything in so I decided to make him an apron...I think it's boyish! The bottom has 3 pockets he loves to put the spoons and measuring cups in his pockets until I need them. He is such a great helper...sometimes more than needed ;)

7 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Talan has toenail polish on!! STARRR!! HE is going to hold that against you for years to come :)

Oh by the way it was way fun having him out at the playground today with all the other kids, he is so well behaved!

The Crebs Family said...

Ha Ha I didn't even notice the toenail polish...That is so great! My parenting teacher says that dress up helps kids establish gender identity, so it is a good thing! :)
On another note, I love the apron. It is so manly! Ava is quite the kitchen helper too, and somedays I wish it weren't so, but they are too cute!

goatsie said...

You are such a fun mom Starr. I hope I can think of as many fun activities for my kids to do when I'm a mom. Your kids are adorable!

Kim said...

I cant belive how big he has gotten! They both are so dang cute! :)

Jeff, Nancy and Nathan said...

Starr, your kids are really cute. I can't believe Scott let you put toenail polish on. LOL

Caralee and Jon said...

First off, I love Talans hair! So grown up! 2nd Way to go with the sugar cookies! Garett got out of control during christmas time making them, hopefully he'll be better next time! Did you decide anything about going back to school?

Cheney's said...

Hey it's Mele, I found your blog from the Dunn's I hope you don't mind. Those are cute cookies...it's always fun letting your kids help out with things like that. Audree loves to help me cook. In fact she helped me make her birthday cake a few weeks ago...it was fun.