Saturday, March 21, 2009

Beautiful Weather...finally!

Starting yesterday we had a fabulous day!! The sun was out and it really wasn't windy. Friday we babysat Brookes boys Jett and Grey while she was able to get some shopping done and Talan loved it! We spent almost the entire day outside at the playground between the apartments. The only time we came in was to lay McKenna down to nap and ...eat! I even got a tan line! People were amazed at the swim meet wondering where I got a tan line already!!

Today was another great day. I spent most of the day at the school. The university put on a conference that had some great classes. I went to "How to cook with wheat" (which I am most excited about-I am already applying what I learned-we are making wheat berries and growing wheat sprouts...I'll keep you posted on how it goes?!), "The Book of Mormon at Breakfast" (we are most successful in the morning-I am excited to apply what I have learned-prophets here we come on the Honey Bunches of Oats...), and "Frugality" ( I think we are pretty frugal but there is always room for improvement). Talan's good friend Gunner had his 3rd birthday party today so they went to the fire department to see the fire trucks and then home to the play ground for cupcakes. Scotty said he was still alittle scared (we went 2 weeks ago with a play group and last summer...the firemen are a little scary to him) but McKenna had a great time. Then Mr. T just road his bike all around and used my ladle to dig in the snow that is still present. This afternoon we enjoyed the company of our neighbors Melinda and Galen eating cinnamon rolls and enjoying the sun! (Thanks for the wheat...I'll keep you posted Melinda!)

No comments: