Friday, January 30, 2009

McKenna's 1st Birthday!

I attempted to make Kenna's great birthday cake...I thought it turned out cute...it could have been better but I liked it. It definitely doesn't compare to my sisters master pieces! She is the baker of the family!
Good morning!! It was cute we decorated the living room and kitchen with streamers and balloons. Talan has anticipated this day all week. When he woke up this morning and went downstairs then I heard him walking upstairs and this was the conversation:
Talan- "dang it..."
Mom- whats wrong?
T-It's Kenna's Birthday tomorrow!
M-no, it's today.

T-today? YA, lets go mom-get Kenna...happy birthday Kenna!!!

Kenna was so excited! She didn't want to even open her presents-all she would look at was the cake! Once we put the cake in front of her she went to town eating it like crazy and laughing!!!

Talan ate his cupcake and wanted more...so he started to grab for Kenna's cake and she gave him 'THE LOOK"

Yummy!
She ate more than I could imagine-we were curious to see how she would feel late ;) Well as she was winding down she started to scratch at the inside of her left arm were she tends to have eczema...so I was thinking since it was covered in frosting maybe it was irritating her skin so I wiped it down then started to notice she was getting hives on her wrists as well! So-we decided to end the festivities of eating cake and gave her some benadryl and a good bath! It did the trick. By the time she was done bathing her arms looked alot better...this poor girls skin is so sensitive! We had a great day celebrating McKenna and can't believe how fast her first year went! We love you Kenna cakes!

2 comments:

Nikki Nichols said...

Holy cow that cake is so cute I love it! I hope I will get creative when I make Becketts first birthday cake! Oh and congrats on the race. You have to let me know next time so I can come cheer you guys on!

Brooke said...

Oh my goodness! What a cute little girl and what a cute little cake. She looked like she had fun getting into it. I can't believe she is one! It all goes so fast! It's okay that you two don't go together, at least you get to go!! the Rexburg temple is beautiful. Shane and I went through the open-house last year.
Have a good super-bowl Sunday!