Monday, January 26, 2009

I Survived!!!

Today was my first swim practice...yep I joined the BYU-I swim team! Crazy I know!!! Heidi has been great over the past few months teaching me how to swim-and I think I have came along way! Well a couple months ago she brought up joining the team and honestly I thought it was totally out of my league. We talked about it off and on and had came to a decision that we weren't going to try out and just continue to meet together each week and swim. Well back and forth, back and forth-yes, no, yes, no-here we both are-team Titans!! I really wasn't sure what to expect and kept asking Heidi several questions. The 'unknowns' are what make me the most nervous! So I went-and I survived!! I didn't make all the times but I just kept telling myself "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming..." ;) (off of Nemo-just in case you weren't sure) I completed about 2000 yds which is more than I have ever swam at one time! I'll keep you posted how it all continues! Keep me in your prayers that I don't drown!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! what a awesome goal!!!!! I am proud of you.

Hilarie* said...

That is so AWESOME. I love swim team... it sure was lots of fun. That is great you guys are doing that, a good thing to stay fit/ have fun/ and not go stir crazy in the winter weather. Best of luck!