Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines!!

I hope everyone had a special Valentines day! Today was a little different for us. Scotty last minute headed to Reno Nevada yesterday morning to go to a large construction conference that had a career fair today with over 50 construction companies. He said things went really well he felt the trip was worth it! Well, Talan loves it when we decorate with streamers so of course we have new hot pink streamers across the ceiling and as most of you do the table is all decorated red, white and pink with heart confetti, balloons, fun plates and table cloth...McKenna got a new pink stuffed animal dog and Talan a mini lego set that makes 3 different planes! He loves it but it may be a challenge keeping all the small pieces away from Kenna-we will see how long it lasts. Talan was so excited when he woke up to see everything decorated. I wish I was able to get some pictures but Scotty has the camera so we pulled out the video camera (which I wish I did more often!). Talan helped me make this new recipe I found called Caramel Apple oven pancake...it was so good!! I ate probably more than half-sad but true! After breakfast we played and then decided to venture to the cheep theater and watch Bolt...I was a little worried taking the two kiddos by myself-I haven't taken Kenna to a move since the summer. She actually didn't do too bad. When there was about 30 min left she started to get really antsy so I stepped out but Talan did great. It was cute he would come out and check on Kenna and I to "see how we were doing" ;) I told Talan he could pick out dinner and his choice...mac n' cheese with hotdogs! It's been along time- and actually I was a little excited-it hit the spot oddly enough! It was really sweet a couple families from the ward brought over yummy sugar cookies and valentines for Talan.

4 comments:

Cait and Scott said...

Your kidos are way too cute. Love them to death. My parents would decorate too when it was valentine's day, we would come out and find a small box of chocolates and a card for each of us kids each year, I kinda miss that. Ever need a babysitter, I am your gal!

Caralee and Jon said...

Hey! I'm glad you made a fun V day for you and the kids even though Scott was gone. Garett has been praying for Talan too!! So cute!

Unknown said...

oh you made such a fun v-day we really didnt do anything...i didnt even think about decorating or anything! you are just so smart!
i have to tell you i made peanutbutter and jelly pancakes on sunday and they were so good! we had them for lunch it was a kinda neet spin on normal pancakes...i was wondering if you would give me your pancake recipe that sounded good too!

Kim said...

Hey you. I was talking to my sis and she mentioned this red headed little girl she saw at the movies the other night. We got talking about it and I told her it sounded like you. I sent her you blog and it was! So the other mom in the lobby that night was my sister. :) Small world huh.