Monday, February 2, 2009

A bad day!!

Yesterday...Sunday-I thought started out great. Scotty had a meeting at church and wasn't sure when he would be getting back before church so I thought I better get ready early and start getting the kids ready so we didn't feel so rushed. The morning went great! Kids were both in good moods and we were all able to get ready and scotty came home earlier than we thought ;) For once I didn't feel rushed to get to church. If you know me I tend to be a little bit of a procrastinator but it feels so good to just be prepared especially for a day I want to be relaxed. So we get to church and due to the construction of a new building we have church inside one of the Universities buildings. Our first meeting is in an auditorium setting which can be difficult when you have kids and may need to get up because crying, need to go potty...Scotty always says, "To be early is to be on time, to be on-time is to be late, and to be late is unacceptable" I think is a good philosophy but sometimes being early isn't to our advantage. When we are early to our first meeting we usually have to move toward the center...so that's what happened. McKenna wouldn't take a nap before church so she was getting restless and Talan was just whining!! By the end of the first hour I was ready to go home-and scotty could tell but I knew going home wouldn't make things better even if I thought it might-so I said we needed to stick around and go to the rest of our classes. Which I am glad we did. Did I feel completely happy and back to normal, no, but I was uplifted. A light bulb came on- I think this is a concept we are all aware of but sometimes I need it spelled out to apply. "The Lord is not going to do things for you that you can do for yourself." Someone gave a great example about the rising up of Lazarus. Jesus had the people their do everything they could do for themselves-show Jesus where the tomb was, open the tomb, unwrap Lazarus...but Jesus did all the things they were incapable of doing-rising Lazarus from the dead.

1 comment:

Caralee and Jon said...

I totally understand about church. It can be so hard sometimes! Thanks for sharing that about what you learned at church. I love hearing about that. I need to do better with my scripture study. Sorry about the cliffhanger...I was going to write it but decided to write it on my blog instead since you'd probably check it! It was just about the trailer and getting moved jobs again! I always show pictures of TAlan to Garett and he loves it!