Wednesday, February 25, 2009

2nd Swim Meet-complete!!

Last Friday was my second meet, and I survived again. This week I competed in the 100yd freestyle and 200 freestyle relay where I only have to swim 50 yrds. Knowing I was swimming the 100 the night before gave me butterflies all day!! I can consistently swim 75yrds but 100 I usually stop for a second, or two...or three! Well...I did it! My goal was to FINISH! My time was well...slow to say the least but I wasn't too far behind the last person. For you swimmers my time was 1:51...ok you can stop laughing ;) This just again means I have room for ALOT of improvement! Some days I will have to admit I do not want to go to practice but as always when I'm done I'm glad I went. Swimming is definitely not something that comes natural to my body. This is probably one of the hardest things I have ever done! I am so glad the support that Scotty gives me and the encouragement-it has been great to have such a challenge every week! Our next meet is this Friday...I'm anxious to know what events I will be in?? Oh..I am also going to be trying a mini-triathlon the school is putting on!! I am very anxious and nervous mainly for the swimming section. I say mini because we swim 400yds, bike 6miles and run 2 miles... a little short from a sprint tri...

2 comments:

Caralee and Jon said...

Hey! It was so good talking to you! I decided on the IUD. But, I was curious, is that mini triathalon at Rigby Lake in May? I might be doing it too!! I'm starting to train with a friend down here. I'm so not in shape and not a good swimmer, we'll see how it goes!! Good job, trying and accomplishing goals, thats always exciting!

kali said...

How fun, I love swimming, I was actually swimming a lot during this pregnancy until I couldn't fit into my bathing suit anymore. Good luck, you will improve your time a lot if you keep swimming.