Monday, December 8, 2008

FHE

Our friends Nicki and Ryan Nichols invited our family to go sing Christmas songs at the nursing home with them and a few other families. Thank you so much! We had soo..much fun-Talan loved it-he continued to sing songs all the way home :) We enjoyed some really good sugar cookies, brownies and yummy frothy (sp?) hot coco before we headed out. Scotty and I both know we don't have the prettiest voices to be singing but we really enjoyed our time there and it seemed like the residence did as well. One little old man even had Talan sit on his lap, it was precious! I love this time of year. We all tend to be a little more thoughtful and go out of our way to make others feel special more often than normal. Thanks again for a memorable FHE.

8 comments:

Diane said...

That is so awesome! I think a lot of people lose sight of what christmas is all about. Doing service and making people happy is so much fun. And that's awesome Talan is joining in already!
I LOVE your family picture you have up! You look SOOOO good. Very cute family.

Nikki Nichols said...

Thanks Starr! We had such a good time too, it was so fun to do that, we should do stuff like that more often!

Sokimna said...

Starr! Thanks for those yummy cookies! We devoured them! I love Leona Lewis...you have a few of her songs on your playlist! I love the cute snowman Talan made with his friends in the backyard! We see it every morning I walk Erin to the bus! =)

The Riries said...

Starr, I found you! Now we can officially be blog buddies!

Unknown said...

What a fun FHE! Your kids are growing so fast! Thanks for sharing the good things of life! We miss our friends like your family. How's the bread making?

Kim said...

You guys look so good! :) Miss Makennas hair is amazing! Have a Merry Christmas!

Brooke said...

Thank you so much for the comments on my blog. The holidays were hard because of my mom. It's been really hard for me. I wonder sometimes if something is wrong with me, so your comments really made me feel good!
It looks like ya'll had a lot of fun in the snow and for the holidays!? I love to look at your blog and see your babies. They are cute kids. I love the little girly red hair!!!!
Love ya.
I have a feeling we'll still be here for summer, so PLEASE come see us.

Caralee and Jon said...

Hey! Garett misses Talan too, he says see ya mom, see talan. I'm like Talan isnt here buddy. Its sad. We miss our campfires and stuff. If you are ever in utah look us up, I'm bored all during the week when jon is working out in Delta utah.